My desk is way too clean, and my computer is lonely because I never touch her anymore. She wants me to start writing blog posts again.
Here are some of some stats about my blog:
- I have published 346 blog posts! That amazes me.
- According to Blogger, my first blog post, published June 25, 2008, had nine (9) views.
- My next post, was not published until November of 2008. It had 24 views.
- It was not until October of 2009 that I had any readers outside the family whom actually left a comment on my blog.
- My first real follower, or reader, was Jann from www.benchmark60.blogspot.com. She identified herself as #1Nana. We became blog friends and later met in person more than once when we joined other bloggers for a weekend on Vashion Island. We called ourselves the Vashionistas.
The first Vasionista Gathering in 2012
Sandi, Deb, Linda, DJan, and Jann
|Bloggers blogging at a blogger gathering.|
The Vashionistas at the second gathering in 2013
Jann, Sally, Deb
- After my daughter died unexpectedly in June of 2010, the blogging community became a great source of support. As I blogged of my experience, I gained not only readers, but great compassionate support from the blogging community.
- I have never understood the way spammer affect the numbers of views that a blog would have, but I know that as my views grew into the hundreds of views for one post, that I had spammers because I would get nonsense type comments.
- Throughout 2012 and 2013, I regularly had between 400 and 500 views of each post, and I would publish at least 20+ comments for each post. I would not publish comments that appeared to be spam.
- The top number of views that I had for any one post, was 14,778. This post was commented on by 63 people, but I only published about 30 of those comments because of some the attacks that readers made on the comments of others. This post, a remembrance, was written after the death Kara Tippets, a dear, and much loved woman, whom had great influence me and so many others as she battled breast cancer.
- I have used comments moderation since I very first started blogging.
- My 70th birthday post written three years ago had 988 views.
- Travel posts and posts about family in 2016 continued to show high numbers of nearly 2,000 views throughout 2016.
- Admittedly, I lost interest in blogging in 2017, and stopped posting on a regular basis. One would expect readership to go down. The views appear to have been in the 300 - 500 views per post range. I continued to get a lot of comments.
- Then, suddenly, the views seemed to stop, as did the comments.
- I can no longer post comments on blogs I have read for years.
- Not only that, I am getting virtually no comments at all on my posts. I wondered if my blogging friends were mad at me. Had I offended everyone somehow???
- I noticed it seems my posts are no longer appearing on Blogger Reading List.
- I wondered if I had messed everything up when I switched over to Google+, so I stopped posting using Blogger.
- Then, I went back to using Blogger only to post and did not use Google+.
- I’m so confused.
- A dear reader wrote me a private email and told me she could not post to my blog because I needed a gmail address. (I had a gmail address and thought it was linked to my blog.)
- I did a bit of reading about the need to switch to make sure I was publishing using https. Ok, that is when I really get confused!